The switching operation of various valves is the main work in the operation of the refrigeration system. The function of the valve is to control and guide the flow and direction of refrigerant in the system cut off and conduct the connection between equipment and equipment or between the equipment and the outside world.
Improper operation of the valve will cause unsafe factors or cause accidents. Therefore, the operation of the valve must strictly follow the operating procedures to avoid accidents. According to their purpose, cold storage valves mainly include stop valves, expansion valves, and safety valves. The safe operation of the valve should do the following:
1) The operator must be aware of the target for the operation of the valve, and do not open other valves by mistake and cause human accidents.
2) When opening the suction valve of the compressor, the discharge valve of the condenser or the liquid reservoir, it must be done slowly, and sometimes it should be turned on and off alternately to avoid the wet stroke accident of the compressor due to the excessive opening speed.
3) During the opening of each valve, especially when it is close to the maximum opening, the handwheel must be moved slowly, and with not too much force, so as not to cause the valve core to be stuck by the valve body and the valve plate to fall off. When the valve is at the maximum opening (as long as the handwheel cannot be moved), the handwheel should be rotated one or two times.
4) The operator should pay attention to the appropriate force during the closing process of the valves, and not excessive force, so as not to damage the valve.
5) For pipelines and equipment with liquid refrigerant, it is strictly forbidden to close the valves at both ends at the same time, so as to avoid absorbing external heat and causing the liquid to produce volume de-expansion and cause the pipeline or equipment to burst and leak ammonia. Under normal circumstances, most liquid bursts burst at the valve.
The correct way to prevent liquid explosion is to first evacuate the liquid in the pipe when closing the liquid pipe valve. Under special circumstances, when the liquid pipe cannot be evacuated, only the valve at one end of the liquid pipe should be closed, and the valve connected to the other end of the liquid pipe should be opened. Liquid valve, wait for the system and liquid pipe to be emptied before closing the main liquid supply valve to the regulating station.
6) For valves that have not been opened and closed for a long time, the opening and closing flexibility should be checked regularly.
7) The safety valve in the refrigeration system must be calibrated once a year and the safety valve in question should be repaired or replaced in time.
8) Add red and yellow two-color opening and closing signs made of color steel plate to the handwheel of the valve to avoid misoperation as much as possible.
If you would like to know more, please contact us.